What is the Yakushima World Heritage Conservation Center?
Following inscription of Yakushima on the World Natural Heritage List in
the YWHCC opened in April 1996 as a facility introducing the heritage property
and as a base for research and study.
The Yakushima Ranger Office
which is the based for conservation and management of the national park
and world heritage property, is placed inside of the Center.
Also please refer to…
World Natural Heritage in Japan
Yakushima National Park
(Ministry of the Environment)
Hours and admission
9:00-17:00（Entrance closes at 16:30)
Every Saturday between Dec. and Feb.
Year-end/New Year holidays (Dec.29 - Jan.3)
※Smoking and drinking are not allowed inside the building.
- Yakushima Library
- You can enjoy photographs using touch panels and books related to Yakushima.
- Yakushima World Natural Heritage Corner
- You can watch various videos introducing Yakushima.
- Yakushima National Park Corner
- Models showing the main mountains in Yakushima National Park.
- Photograph Display Corner
- Nature Photos, of beautiful forest, wildlife, little flower(rare plants),we take photos every season. You can feel the change of the seasons.
2739-343 Anbo-maedake, Yakushima Town, Kumage-gun,
- [Yakushima Airport] Tel:+81-997-42-1200
- from Kagoshima Airport(40min.)
- from Osaka(Itami) Airport(95min.)
- from Fukuoka Airport(55min.)
- [Miyanoura] Tel:+81-997-42-2003[Anbo] Tel:+81-997-46-3399
- from Kagoshima Port(Approx.2～2.5hrs.)
by Ferry Yakushima2
- [Miyanoura] Tel:+81-997-42-2220
- from Kagoshima Port - Miyanoura Port(Approx.4hrs.)
*When using the bus,
- Approx. 5 min. by car from Anbo Port
- Approx. 30 min. by car from Miyanoura Port
- Approx. 15 min. by car from Yakushima Airport
please take a regular bus service headed for "Yakusugi Museum"
and get off at the Yakusugi Museum.
YWHCC is a 2 minutes walk from the bus stop.