Comprehensive Radiation Monitoring Plan and Information Disclosure
The Monitoring Coordination Meeting established in the Nuclear Emergency Response Headquarters formulated Comprehensive Radiation Monitoring Plan to ensure detailed monitoring of a large amount of radioactive materials released into the environment due to the accident at Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO)'s Fukushima Daiichi NPS. Based on this plan, relevant organizations and nuclear operators are collaboratively conducting monitoring, respectively focusing on the following.
1) General environment (soil, water, and atmosphere, etc.), water environment, sea areas, etc.
2) Schools, etc.
3) Ports, airports, and sewage, etc.
4) Wild fauna and flora, and waste
5) Cultivated soil, forests, and pasture grass, etc.
6) Tap water
7) Foodstuffs (agricultural products, forestry products, livestock products, and fishery products)
Monitoring results are released on the websites of the respective organizations and are updated as needed.
- Included in this reference material on February 28, 2018
- Updated on March 31, 2019