本文へジャンプ
Shinjyuku Gyoen National Garden

Shinjuku Gyoen was constructed on the site of a private mansion belonging to Lord Naito, a "daimyo"(feudal lord) of the Edo era. Completed in 1906 as an imperial garden, it was re-designated as a national garden after the Second World War and opened to the public. With 58.3 ha(144 acres) in size and a circumference of 3.5 km, it blends three distinct styles, French Formal Garden, English Landscape Garden and Japanese Traditional Garden, and is considered to be one of the most important gardens from the Meiji era.

NOTICE FOR VISITORS
 20 September 2014

The countermeasures for Dengue fever in
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden

We tentatively closed the garden for surveillance of mosquitoes since 7 September 2014.
According to the survey, dengue viruses were detected from the mosquitoes captured by the survey on 19 September.
We will take additional sanitary measures including exterminating pests and conducting surveillance of mosquitoes regularly to prevent further spreading of the fever infection.

From this situation, Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden will continue to close until the safety of the garden is ensured.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Sinjuku Gyoen National Garden Management Office



Introduction
Outline
History
Guide
Information
Access Map
Park Map

Japanese


SHINJUKU GYOEN NATIONAL GARDEN
11 Naito-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0014, Japan  Tel:+81-(0)3-3350-0151 Fax:+81-(0)3-3350-1372  Contact

* Unapproved reproduction of all information (including texts, photographs, etc.) provided on this website, is forbidden.